Spring Clean Yourself!
Who doesn’t love to open up the windows in your house and smell the fresh Spring air?!
This is also a great time to ‘Spring Clean’ YOU!
Here are a few tips to help get you back on track!
1. WRITE A FOOD JOURNAL
- Be honest with yourself. For one week, write down everything you eat. You may want to take note of when you are the most hungry, snack or why you think you are eating at that time (feeling stressed, tired, etc…)
2. CLEAN OUT YOUR PANTRY & REFRIGERATOR
- Take out the processed foods and replace it with fresh foods such as fruits and vegetables, healthy snacks (nuts, oatmeal, raisins) and stock up on meats/protein.
- Once you have revamped your supply with foods that give you energy – not drain you of it, COOK a few meals to prepare for the week. This will prevent you from eating out!
3. GO FOR A WALK OR JOG!
- Take the kids, dog or just go alone and get some fresh air! Clear your head and start to take note of how good it feels to exercise! This is a great time to set goals and make a plan in your head about where you are going and how you are going to get there! If you come back from working out and don’t feel good about yourself – you need to push yourself harder! It is proven that exercise releases endorphins that make us feel ‘happy and confident!’ Don’t you want some of that? It is FREE!
4. CLEAN OUT YOUR CAR AND HOUSE
- Is your car filled with dirt and grime from the winter months? Nothing like a clean car J
- What about the house?! Is your office piled with mail that needs to be sorted, laundry stacked, deep cleaning needs to be done?? These are things that sit in the back of our mind and build on us eventually. Tackle it one thing at a time! The pile will get smaller.
5. MAKE A PLAN
- With summer approaching I want you to start your ‘diet and exercise’ plans NOW! If you want it to be a LIFESTYLE change and for these changes to stick, you have to start small and create habits! Right now there is no pressure to fit into summer clothes and bathing suits, so you don’t have to be stressed about that. By starting now, you can do it the healthy way!
6. THINK OF SOMETHING IN YOUR OWN LIFE THAT YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH!
- This will be different for each of you. Take a minute to assess a situation that you have been wanting to deal with. Now is the time to take it on! Why not? I challenge you to write it down along with the steps you are going to take to accomplish it and a date for it to be done!
“It’s also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that’s sitting right here right now…with its aches and its pleasures…is exactly what we need to be fully human. Fully awake. Fully alive.”
– Pema Chodron
West is the Way to Recovery! Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!